Learning Hub | Digital Marketing Basics
Google AdWords: Your CRM’s BFF
June 25, 2021 | Jon Teodoro
AdWords is one of the most powerful ways to gain visibility and reach your consumers. It’s a highly effective touchpoint that funnels into multiple channels. But AdWords campaigns also give you incredibly valuable data to use across the breadth of your marketing strategy.
How do you harness this data? By bringing AdWords into your Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) or another CRM like it.
Imagine knowing what a customer typed to find you on AdWords—down to the exact keyword—and using this information to inform every single brand interaction with that customer.
Here’s how to merge AdWords with Keap and build consumer engagement by pulling the right levers at the right time.
The best of both worlds
Keap is a robust platform that consolidates your efforts across CRM, marketing, sales, and payments. It’s a turnkey solution that also offers great flexibility, and that’s where AdWords comes in.
When you fuse AdWords and Keap, you open the door to:
- Continuity between your different campaigns
- Campaign performance data
- Stronger lead generation
- Smarter, targeted communication with your leads (including follow-up)
In essence, it’s a way to bring the best out of each service and put your best foot forward as a brand.
Follow the breadcrumbs
For AdWords to be effective within your CRM, you need to be able to process the data clearly—that means tracking AdWords effectively.
Google Analytics offers standard tracking tags and templates, but you can also set up your own custom parameters to better understand the effectiveness of an AdWords campaign. Thankfully, there’s a service called iTracker360 that lets you control all aspects of tracking together in one place. We use it ourselves at Verde Media.
By importing your keyword data from AdWords into Keap, you can develop an intimate understanding of your leads. When a lead completes a form, you know exactly which ad they clicked on, what phrase they typed in to find you, and where they filled out the form on your website.
Once tracking is established, you can see which ads, keywords, and campaigns are working, how to build better follow-ups, where you need to optimize campaigns, and where you should reallocate your budget.
Turn leads into loyalty
If you can track when and where your customers find you, you can identify where and when to talk to them. With Keap as your CRM platform, you’re positioned to make the most of each interaction with customers.
Among the key functions Keap provides are these tools:
- Campaign builder: Set up automated follow-up, upsell, and reminder sequences that help you establish and deepen customer relationships, especially in the case of longer sales cycles.
- Appointment scheduling: Empower clients (and leads) to book appointments or sales calls directly through Keap, avoiding email “ping pong” and scheduling snafus.
- Faster comms by SMS: Follow up with leads faster by using SMS texting (known to have much higher open rates than emails), and get instant alerts when a customer has reached out by email or text. It’s a quicker, far more conversational way of connecting with customers.
- Invoicing: Easily create quotes and invoices, track their status, and send follow-up emails.
- Tracking: Follow the customer journey at every touchpoint from lead to sale.
- Mobile app: Monitor campaigns and get customer contact data on the go.
Set it and don’t forget it
Driving leads is important. But understanding how to use these leads to cultivate customer relationships is what separates your brand from the pack. If Keap isn’t your platform of choice, the rule still applies: bringing AdWords into your CRM pays clear dividends. Build smarter campaigns, engage with customers more productively, and save time by letting your newly supercharged CRM do the work for you.
Pairing AdWords with your CRM automates many of the demands of your marketing strategy. And it lets you talk to leads on a more personalized level.